Wednesday, March 25, 2009

every girl needs a fat friend?

I recently read an article somewhere (can't remember where) that said that said a couple of interesting things:

  • The author mentioned that any slim woman will look much beautiful when she is next to a fat friend.
  • Therefore, when woman needs a confidence boost, she goes out with fat friend. One example will be celebrities themselves. Instead of hanging out with other celebrity friends are gorgeous, they always go out with other normal fat friends.
  • Some women prefer to go shopping with fat friends. They feel better when they buy size 10 while their fat friends are struggling with a 16.
  • Furthermore, clubbing together with fat friend will make sure the pretty girls have no competition in picking up guys. All the eyes will be on you and you can always have a peace of mind that someone is watching your drink and handbag.
I'm wondering...is this true? Is that what women think and feel about their overweight friends? Yeah, I hope not. 

4 comments:

carla said...

NO.
but it was a writer desperate for a topic and on a deadline.

just my .02

Miz.

Apex Zombie said...

Yah, I agree with Miz. Plus, if that does happen, it's not a women thing, it's a personality thing. Dudes can be pretty petty as well at times.

Anonymous said...

I don't think most women are like that, though undoubtedly some are. BTW, I'm still plenty overweight at size 10 and 5'4, thin people are at size 2 or 4 or so.

Anonymous said...

I don't think it's always the way it works, but I did have a friend who I went to Thailand with. She was the slim, beautiful one, and I was the fat one. Well, whenever we had our pictures taken, she always stood sideways, so that her figure was showing off next to my big self. It was a bit frustrating!