Saturday, August 2, 2008

Don't be such a FitFlopper!

So I've been having this horrible urge to buy those new FitFlops. You know, the ones that say that they will make your butt and thighs trimmer just by walking around in them. I mean, its not like I'm all for not working hard but seriously...who isnt? Whoever tells you they would prefer to work out 5 times a week than just be naturally slim is lying to you. Don't trust them. If they lie about something like that...just imagine what else theyre lying about. But those damn things cost 50 bucks! For a student...thats a lot of money. Theyre damn flip flops! But there's still that little part of me that keeps going "go on...buy them! your ass will look FANTASTIC! 50 for a FANTASTIC ass...thats nothing. Its like excercise without all that fussy sweating and hard work." Obviously there's another part of me that's thinking "Oh cmon! You can't expect flip flops to actually do anything! I bet they tell you to walk around vigorously for 30-60 minutes and then they're like...VOILA! SEE THEY WORK! but really you're just doing all the work."
So anyways, most of me calls bullshit on the flippy ass toning shoes but there's always that little compulsive nagging side that still wants them.

http://blogs.trb.com/features/consumer/shopping/blog/fitflops.jpg

3 comments:

R.Duke said...

Well there's also the fact that I bet you'd look FANTASTIC in them.

Kim Ayres said...

Thanks for taking the time to visit and comment on my blog :)

I'm deeply suspicious of gadgets and aids to weight loss. The reality is they are making masses of money on the back of the desperation of people to lose weight. But the real way is to eat healthily and be active.

The way I lost my weight (and continue to keep it off) is to focus on being healthy, rather than losing weight. The weight loss then becomes a natural side effect of being healthy and you don't get tempted into unhealthy diet methods.

Apex Zombie said...

Wow... jandals that make you lose weight. As the saying goes down here, I can't handle that jandal ;)