Thursday, August 14, 2008

remembering...

I was just remembering how I used to be a couple of years ago and I'm pretty shocked as to how I've changed. I mean I used to do things that I couldn't even imagine doing now. For example, two years a go I took a volunteer trip to Kenya. I mean, I'm so freaking shy I have no idea how I managed to travel so far from home on my own. It was such an incredible experience too. That's pretty much where I got my love for chai tea.
Every morning we used to wake up and instead of drinking crappy instant coffee, we would have some warm chai tea. In the afternoons, when we would come back from long hours of construction, we would drink chai tea. I mean, I can't believe I helped build a classroom. I honestly don't think I could be able to do that now. When I went to Kenya, I was about 40 lbs lighter. I guess I just can't wait until I get as physically fit as I used to be. In the mean time, all I can do is work hard and remember my trip to Kenya. Come, reminisce with me!


 
  
The place, the animals, the people...the eww. Btw, I swear I'm somewhere in the last picture...but where!?
I actually have tons more pictures but I doubt anyone would like to see.

1 comment:

Apex Zombie said...

That is freaking amazing! That is something you've done, and no one can take that away from you! Definitely something to be proud of :)