Tuesday, August 5, 2008

just ranting

My dear mother woke me up this morning telling me how she had heard of this new diet and how FABULOUS it was. Oh no, here we go again. My mother is the type of women that goes on every diet that she has ever heard of. No matter how ridiculous it sounds, if it promises results she has always been there trying it. Of course, she has never lost any significant amount of weight on any of those diets. And the weight that she has lost, she's gained the moment she goes OFF the diet. Which is often. I try to tell her that those fad diets never work, that she should just eat healthy and excercise regularly. She, of course just snarls back and says, "then if its so easy, why haven't you lost any weight?". I could have yelled back and told her that I'm trying and that results don't happen over night (contrary to her belief). But no, I decided to avoid that argument. Anyways, back to my mother. When I was little I used to see her only eating cabbage soup cause she was on the cabbage soup diet. Or avoiding this or only eating that. God knows if maybe she would stop going to weekly wine and cheese parties that last all through the weekend, maybe then she would lose weight. It's not like she wants to lose weight for health reasons.
When I was 13, she took me Jenny Craig cause I thought I was fat. Of course I was just chubby but seeing my mom constantly on diets must have made me very self concious. You think she would have just told me that that was baby fat that I'd get rid of. Or suggested I joined a sport. Nope. When I was 15, I thought I was horribly fat because she told me so. I was just 150 lbs. and when I look at pictures of myself, I can see that I wasn't fat at all. I wasn't fat. I had hips and thighs and an ass. But I wasn't FAT.
Now I really am fat. In fact, I'm quite over weight. And my mom doesn't make it any easier.

No comments: