Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Read an article in the newspaper...

I read an article in the newspaper and it said something along the lines of "by 2012, 97% of all Puertoricans are going to be obese". I've always thought that obesity has always been a problem here, due most likely to the fact that our diets can consist of foods that are high in fat and carbs (since there are a lot of fried foods around). Also because most of the time, big hips and asses are glorified here. I mean, this is the country where Jennifer Lopez is from...well, is sort of from. I personally think that all the ruckus about losing weight is only because there's usually a lot of ruckus about that in the US. Our troubles and trends are usually magnified versions of anything that may be going on in the US. Magnified only because Puerto Rico is such a small island. I guess what I mean to say is that a lot of Puertoricans have always been fat, its just disturbing that NOW is when they're noticing

No comments: